Children’s Day Out by Alpenliebe Juzt Jelly X Momspresso
On 16th November 2019, we attended a Children’s Day Out event organized by Alpenliebe Juzt Jelly in association with Momspresso. There were two reasons why I was super excited for this event. First, the presence of celebrity Chef Amrita Raichand and second, I was invited to attend this with my 5yo daughter. My daughter was as excited as I was, for she is already a big fan of Juzt Jelly. Be it any flavour or colour, she gulps it all quickly!
Here’s a pre-buzz video of the event which we shared on our Instagram stories:
So we reached the venue – Ramada by Wyndham Gurgaon Central at the specified time. As soon as we reached, we met some other mommies and kids who were also invited for a fun day with celebrity Chef Amrita Raichand. The reason she was a part of the event was — she taught us mommies two recipes which she made using Juzt Jellies. We all know how much kids love eating Juzt Jellies (even we parents can’t resist popping one or two of these in our mouth) and we all were curious to know her secret recipes.
The fact that it has 25% fruit pulp and is soft in texture makes it more enticing for parents and kids too. I love its strawberry flavour, the kiddo loves the orange one and dear hubby’s favourite is guava one. You see we all love varieties!
Finally, she arrived wearing an apron on which was written: ‘The magic ingredient is love’ and that’s so true! Love and food make things better.
Here’s a glimpse of the event:
Here I am sharing the recipes of the sweet delicacies which she made for moms and kids:
Recipe 1: Jelly Dora Cakes
1 cup oats flour
1 1/2 tbsp baking powder
1/2 baking soda
2 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp butter
1 tbsp curd
1 cup milk
Whipping Cream – 1 box
Strawberry or a mixture of all Jellies
- Grind the oats and make a fine powder using a blender.
- Add the baking powder, baking soda, sugar to the oats flour and whisk to mix well. (whisk)
- Add all these ingredients into a mixer grinder (bullet blender)
- Now add the curd, melted butter and milk into the grinder and blend well to emulsify the mixture.
- Keep the batter refrigerated for at least an hour or overnight.
- Make the pancakes of the desired size. Once done allow them to cool.
In a bowl, whip whipping cream until double the quantity. Now fold in the chopped jelly.
Take one pancake, add a spoonful of the jelly and cream mixture right in the centre spreading slightly on the sides, add another pancake on top of this and seal the sides. There should be a nice dome-shaped bump in the centre.
Serve with a sprinkle of some more chopped jellies on top.
Platter for serving.
Recipe 2: Jelly Ice Cream Soda
Strawberry jellies ( Amrita would prefer cola jellies here)
1 scoop of vanilla ice cream
1 cup soda
- Melt the soda/strawberry jelly with little water in a pan. (Induction and pan)
- Blitz melted jelly, ice-cream and soda in a grinder. (Bullet Blender)
- Pour this mixture into a tall glass and add more soda as desired.
- Sprinkle some chopped jellies on top for garnish.
I made these recipes over the weekend with my daughter and we had so much fun together. Some of the pieces were gulped down before they could become a part of the recipe (lol). After all, fun in a family is important which comes across beautifully in the Juzt Jelly tagline “Family mein masti chali”.
I’m sure my daughter and her friends will devour these recipes when I add these to her tiffin box! I hope you all try these recipes in your kitchen…let me know in the comments below how you liked them.